Author: Nikolay Bulava, CEO
If you wish to be successful in nowadays business, you need to both have effective lead generation machine and deliver positive Customer Experience. It’s an axiom.
There are 3 typical destroyers of CX that are very often presented together with omnichannel lead generation processes:
- Your customers get upbeat marketing messages even while they’re in the middle of a heated customer service issue
- Your customers receive offers for products they already own
- Your sales push customers who just “rejected” your marketing message
If you wish to deliver positive CX, you need to avoid such situation. It means you should integrate and coordinate your marketing, sales and service activities. Let’s see all these cases in more detail.
- Your customers receive offers for products they already own. It means that your marketing processes and customer information file are not integrated. You need to manage your target lists according to information about all customer’s purchases by all existing channels. Don’t forget about not completed purchases too, if the time from customer’s “YES” to reflecting the data in the customer’s file is quite long.
- Your customers get upbeat marketing messages even while they have unresolved heated service issue. It means that your marketing processes don’t use information about key service events. You need to add special trigger control for temporary excluding the customers with unresolved issue or case from the target lists. Don’t forget to return these customers in the target lists after resolving the customer’s issues, of course, in an automated way too.
- Your sales team push customers who just “rejected” your marketing message. It means that your sales team don’t have timely and convenient access to marketing campaign results by all channels. It’s a typical situation when the customer communicates with the call-center (by chat, messenger or mobile app) after receiving marketing message by email. You need to integrate key events of marketing campaigns into sales dashboards for delivering the most up-to-date information for your sales people.
The simplest way to do all these improvements for small and medium business is to pass managing campaigns target lists to CRM system, collect & visualize all key events of marketing campaigns into CRM system sales dashboards. It resolves the challenge of omnichannels marketing but, of course, it presupposes some CRM system customization:
- bi-directional integration with you channel automation systems (email, messengers, push notifications, etc.)
- implementation of some triggers into CRM system logic for including/excluding particular customers from target lists
- visualization of key marketing and service events on sales dashboards
If you wish to know how it’s possible to do it for SugarCRM and MailerLite, as an example of e-mail automation system, click here.